[T3] Pictures of the Eggcrate with the Body done

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Jul 10 12:53:24 PDT 2012

In a message dated 7/10/2012 3:23:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

Since  there's no reason to force the plating in there, I don't think
VW did.  Like Dave, all the ones I remember looking at were painted
silver inside.  Under that was probably the copper and nickel, with a
bit of chrome in  places. You can see this peeling up on old bumpers,
but it's hard to tell  what it was.

When I "restore" an old bumper, I just wire brush it  inside and paint
it there with something equivalent to Rustoleum silver  paint.

Even the early cars were like this Jim. I think VW did that, just because
the chrome layer on the inside really didn't show, and the paint made the
finish  there more consistant. Even my T-34 is like that.

I was just remembering the issues Keith had with the Chicago shop, and was
wondering if the TN shop was more up to his satisfaction. We all know how
Keith  can get picky about some things. ;-)

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)