[T3] Weber carbs

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Wed Jul 11 10:56:21 PDT 2012

In a message dated 7/11/2012 1:01:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bfye at canyonville.net writes:

You can  pean it into place along with the expoxy.

On 7/11/12, James  Lingenfelter <jimmyandcher at yahoo.com> wrote:
>     Epoxy.... hmmmm. Well, one more thing on my to do list!
>
> On Jul  11, 2012, at 4:15 AM, Dave Hall wrote:
>
>> I guess vibration  and the weight of the hose on the spigot.
>>
>> You need  those tight in there, or you risk an engine fire if one
>> drops  out.
>> I think the recommendation is to reinsert with expoxy  (eg
>> Araldite), but
>> I've not needed it on mine yet, so  have no experience of the repair.

My son's right carb just did this last friday night. We knurled the brass
tube, and applied some green loctite (bearing and sleeve retainer) to it.
and  tapped it in place. So far so good. Note, this is 4 years after the left
carb  did the same thing (same repair done to it too.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)