[T3] Window rubber

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Jul 14 11:03:48 PDT 2012

In a message dated 7/14/2012 1:34:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jimmyandcher at yahoo.com writes:

Yikes;  sounds like it'll be easier to just use the type 1 rubber!

On Jul 14,  2012, at 10:14 AM, Dan Badeer wrote:

> Let me add some comments to  my previous (April) notes.
>
> The ones from Avery's were  WCM.  The outer scrapers did eventually
> fit, but with hours of  work (sore fingers).  The inners were so ill
> fitting that I left  them out.  The clips were in the wrong locations
> and did not  match the holes in the door, the rubber started to tear
> after many  tries and so forth.  Maybe someone out there has found
> better  ones

That's my thought too. As for the inners, I use t-2 bus seals, but I re-use
 the t-3 wires, and cut new matching slots into the t-2 parts. This has
worked  out just fine on both my wife's fastback (they were done back in 1990),
and my  65 Notch (done in 2001).

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)