[T3] @ Jim

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Jul 17 12:40:45 PDT 2012

On 17 Jul 2012 at 20:30, Stephen Breitrich wrote:

> Ok Jim,a tech question instead of talking. What can you tell me or
> "us" about this Chassis/Body # 0285672, it's from my notch. Maybe I
> will finally know EXACT year of car, maybe even find out where it was
> manufactured after 30+ years.

That's a mid-year '64. Make sure all the numbers are the same. There
will be at least 2, one on the tunnel hump and one at the front of
the frunk.

> OH wait, I do have one problem though,brake lights dont work. They did
> work,but something is foul. I will adress this in next mail in detail
> what I tried.

The first thing to check would be the brake light switch on the
master cylinder. If the car has been switched to a late tandem MC
many of the new switches are poorly designed and fail quickly, so
even having 2 switches in parallel does not assure reliability. You
have to buy the right make of switches.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org