[T3] early seat release cables

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Thu Jul 19 17:58:17 PDT 2012

Thanks, Well Im inspired to give it another go.  The catch moves little to
none, the door mechanisms seem to work but I put the carpet in and didn't
check them out first. Ill have to lift it up and see if I can tell where the
movement is going.  I did adjust them at the thumbscrew but the movement of
the cable isn't there....

I did get the domelight to work tonight!  Slowly working out the last few
minor wrinkles.

Thanks

Keith

Does the catch move in/out as you open/close the door?
Maybe they are stuck or the piece in the door jam is bent.

The ones in my '63 and my old '63 and my old '67 worked.
All of them required adjustment via the thumbscrew when I bought the car
as age had prevented them from fully releasing when the door was opened.

- Everett