[T3] 2014 Type 3 Invasion

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 03:00:38 PDT 2012

I reckon our Type 3s are tougher than you think!

The USA has many wondeful places to see, and hundreds of Type 3s - trouble
is they are days apart!  We got over 50 Type 3s together in the UK last
year, but I don't think anyone apart from a visitor from Germany drove more
than 200 miles to get there.   Germany had a gathering of over 100 Type 3s,
but most owners would have driven less than 500 miles each way, though one
drove 2,000 miles from Romania.

Invasions are usually near the organiser - or there's a very helpful contact
living in the area who can set things up locally.  ISTR the Carthage,
Missouri invasion was because someone down that way offered to do the local
organising.  For 2014 Dave Pallo has volunteered, and we get to see another
part of the country (if we can make it).  I reckon that's good.

I believe June was chosen this year to avoid the hottest part of the year!
How about Death Valley some day?

Then it needs to be near an area where Type 3s still exist in reasonable
numbers.

The formula has worked well for 10 years with Brian and John at the helm; I
reckon it's good for another 10 with John, plus the helpers who step in.

Thanks for the effort you guys make on our behalf - sorry it's too far to
drive from the UK, but we like being shown some of the lovely areas of the
USA by you guys!

Dave and Anne ('Annie')
UK VW Type 3&4 Club