[T3] Crate was a No start....

bfye at canyonville.net bfye at canyonville.net
Sun Jul 22 07:33:58 PDT 2012

Did the points slip?
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike VW <mikes_type_3s_and_4s at yahoo.com>
Sender: type3-vwtype3.org-bounces at lists.vwtype3.orgDate: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 21:32:28
To: <type3 at vwtype3.org>
Subject: Re: [T3] Crate was a No start....

I know this may sound redundant, but check all of the connections at the coil and the coil feed at the fuse block. and check your fuel filter for being plugged up. Also is your fuel filter in the engine bay or underneath by the transmission. I am still having the similar problem with my Notchback and I found most of the problem to be bad connections, and the rest of it was the engine bay is holding so much heat its just boiling the gas in the fuel pump. If i shut it off it sometimes will not start, but if it sits for an hour or so to cool down theres gas back to the pump and it will start right up first turn and run non stop till I shut it off again.