[T3] Crate was a No start....

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Jul 22 09:17:53 PDT 2012

In a message dated 7/22/2012 12:32:36 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mikes_type_3s_and_4s at yahoo.com writes:

. I am  still having the similar problem with my Notchback and I found most
of the  problem to be bad connections, and the rest of it was the engine
bay is  holding so much heat its just boiling the gas in the fuel pump. If i
shut it  off it sometimes will not start, but if it sits for an hour or so to
cool down  theres gas back to the pump and it will start right up first
turn and run non  stop till I shut it off again.

I had this issue with my 65 Notch, but only after I installed one of those
all aluminum engine case engines. In my case, it was the fuel pump that was
 vapor locking, and even with a small electric fuel pump in place, the pump
 wouldn't let fuel past it. I ended up removing the mechanical pump from
the  system, and going with an electric pump, and it's been fine since. I've
heard  from others who have run into this same problem as well.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)