[T3] Generator for 72 SB

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jul 23 08:52:56 PDT 2012

On 23 Jul 2012 at 15:38, Daniel K. Du Vall wrote:

> Looking for a rebuilt generator. Does anyone know of a good place to get one or have a good rebuilt one for a 72 SB?
> I want to get a good one so I can rebuild the current one for a spare. I think the bearing are going out as it has that sort of sound its making when first starting up it then goes away after a few.

It only takes a few minutes to replace the bearings, but I'm not sure
you're actually hearing generator bearing problems. Use a long
screwdriver to listen to each end of the generator. Generator bearing
sounds aren't usually loud enough to hear above the engine sounds,
and they don't tend to go away after a bit.

However, if you need them, I have generators, bearings, and brushes.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org