[T3] Generator for 72 SB

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jul 23 11:29:58 PDT 2012

On 23 Jul 2012 at 18:04, Daniel K. Du Vall wrote:

> Thanks Jim I will do that I just have to catch it quickly after I start it.
> I wonder if it's the starter staying engaged?

I'd expect the starter to make a lot more noise, but if that's
happening that can be bad. Make sure the spring on the keyswitch is
returning the key fully from START to ON.

A friend's car had that return spring break, and the starter stayed
engaged until the starter exploded inside after running a million rpm
for a few minutes. ;-p

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org