[T3] no paint

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jul 2 05:23:33 PDT 2012

On 1 Jul 2012 at 12:03, Keith Park wrote:

> Interesting, I believe T3 production moved from W Germany to Brazil in 72, I
> wonder if that affected quality control, Ill bet it did.

I thought our Type 3s were made in Germany thru '73. I had a '72 that
was bought in Germany under the tourist delivery program. I could see
no difference between the quality of that car and any of my others.

The '73s tend to be made from lighter sheet metal, but other than
that, there's no difference. I need to look carefully under mine to
see if the paint looks like Elwood's.