[T3] Webers...

ftalker at gmail.com ftalker at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 21:29:24 PDT 2012

Hi there
I've never seen a Weber with press-fit fuel bores, but I admit to knowing little of the ICT models.  All of the IDF's, IDA's and DCNF's are a screw fitting with either the barbed fitting or the banjo fittings, each with compression washers.  In any case the "green" Loctite, as mentioned above works on dry, well cleaned surfaces and not too loose a fit.
If looseness is obvious and measurable, I'd think about tapping the hole and using a screw-in fitting.  But, the sleeve retainer green stuff is probably all you'll need.
Years ago, my T-2 stopped dead in the road in rural Colorado and the hose with attached fitting was out of the Solex PICT carb, fuel awash in the compartment.  I hammered it in with a roadside flat rock and kept going.  That's the first of these carbs I repaired, (at home), by tapping and using a screw-in fitting.  I did all the Solexes this way over the years.  I did not know about this Loctite product at the time...if it existed then.
This, incidentally, was in the early seventies and the bus was, (and still is), a '65, so forty years of this poor design would scare the hell out of me.
Hope this helps.
Best regards,
FE Meek

Sent from my iPhone