[T3] 69 FI trouble shooting

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Jul 18 21:08:58 PDT 2012

You've covered all the bases, so that leaves very little to look at.

I would go back and verify that the valves are adjusted.

Was there a gauge on the fuel pressure while the engine was dying? If
so, was the pressure holding at 29 right up to the end?

Check the system voltage when the engine is running. If you can get
it to a mid rpm, it should go above 14 V measured at the D+ terminal
on the generator.

If all that is okay, how about sending me the trigger points to re-
set? That's about all that's left that I can think of.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org