[T3] Crate was a No start....

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sat Jul 21 09:40:59 PDT 2012

Drove it this morning, nice cool morning, stopped to get corn, restarted OK,
stopped at the bank and as usual the clerk was slow, I was there for about 5
minutes and when she was done it cranked OK but not a pop.

I tried quite a bit, its cranking oK so Im confident with the starter motor
and after about 20 minutes of on an off trying I know the battery is good
but not a pop, I started by holding it to the floor so it wouldn't flood but
nothing, then I pumped the piss out of it and nothing. Ive notice in
previous hot starts that pumping seemed to help, not hinder.

Anyway, several tries over the next 20 minutes and not a pop, NOTHING.  I
have spark, I can see gas shooting out the accelerator pump jets, so its
getting gas, but NOTHING when I try to start.

FINALLY. While ON THE PHONE with AAA it just decided with some pumping that
it would show some signs of life and it started.

Now being on a Low Carb diet my whole life Im not accustomed to vapor lock
but do you think that might be whats happening?  Im getting the impression
that the gas that's shooting from the jets is never making it to the engine,
once it starts its fine but is it possible that the 93 octane isn't enough?
Will the lower octanes vapor lock easier than the higher octanes?  Do ya
think this really is vapor lock?

Suggestions and ideas welcome, Im really starting to want to get these domed
pistons out of this engine!

Thanks

Keith

Top Notch Restorations