[T3] Conversion back to FI a success

R. David rdavid at rochester.rr.com
Sat Jul 28 16:37:43 PDT 2012

Per an earlier post here; I have been assisting Steve Crispino with getting
his 69 Fastback converted back to FI again. Today we figured it out. There
were 2 major issues, and the first one was a defective fuel pressure test
gauge. We thought we had the fuel pressure correct, but then we substituted
a known good pressure gauge and re-adjusted the pressure correctly up to 29.
The second issue was a leaking pressure sensor. Thanx to Jim Adney for
quickly sending out a known good pressure sensor, and the replacement was
the ticket!

Steve has worked long and hard in making sure he dotted his i's and crossed
his T's with all he could in getting it  back to FI and it all paid off.
This is his first T3 FI car, and now after going thru this re-conversion
process; he knows more about our FI cars than most of us! I told him this
way - when he travels cross country to our Invasions he will feel more
comfortable having learned all this about the FI system :-)

Dave Pallo
'72 Square ~ "Elwood"
Fairport, NY