[T3] Fan belt

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Jun 5 09:50:17 PDT 2012

On 5 Jun 2012 at 7:22, Gizmo Bob wrote:

> Due to the fact that the "V-Belt" is .5mm wider, the belt doesn't sit so
> low in the pulley, hence why you need the 5mm in length. My belt sits just
> below the outer edge of the pulley and works perfectly.

Good point. I guess I overlooked the fact that it's a 10 mm belt
rather than a 9.5. I agree; that helps.

To work correctly as a V-belt, the belt really should sit against the
straight sides of the pulley. If it rides above the point where the
sides start to curve outward, it won't wedge correctly as it wears.

Does the 10 x 1005 sit down far enough that it rides fully against
the straight sides?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org