[T3] new door seals

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Jun 11 13:51:54 PDT 2012

In a message dated 6/11/2012 3:28:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
spinningrooves at gmail.com writes:

Finally  installed one of the new seals I obtained.  Original profile with
the  "block" around the check strap and hole for the door switch.  WOW  was
it ever hard to close the door afterward.  I seem to remember some  folks
saying this is the case.  I ended up loosening the hinge and  sliding the
door out a bit.  When I installed the ISP version, it  didn't seal well and
I ended up moving the door in.  I never got it  right.  So, I think because
the door had been moved in, this tight fit  was really pronounced.

Anyway, I'm assuming that this tight fit is  normal and possibly over time,
they will compress?  I definitely am  looking forward to a dry carpet.

They might loosen up after a few years, depending on the amount of use they
 get. My wife's car got new NOS seals installed back in 1989, and the doors
are  still hard to close. :O My 65 got a set of German seals, and the left
door is  easier to close than the right. They are 11 years old. Just
something to keep in  mind.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)