[T3] tach calibration

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Jun 22 23:46:45 PDT 2012

On 22 Jun 2012 at 11:37, Bryon Garvin wrote:

> A few weeks ago (a month?), Jim mentioned that he calibrated his tach/dwell
> meter or mentioned that you should check to make sure it is correct.  How
> do you do this?

I use lab instruments, signal generators, oscilloscopes, and
frequency counters, to do this. There's little point in assuming that
the tach in your car is any better than the one you're calibrating.

I don't know if they all have calibration pots. I would expect it
from good ones, but they're probably left out of the cheap ones.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org