[T3] tach calibration

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Jun 26 18:48:25 PDT 2012

On 22 Jun 2012 at 11:37, Bryon Garvin wrote:

> Any calibration suggestions are welcome!  BTW, the reason I am asking is
> because I was working on my Jetta and I was trying to hold the rpms at
> 2500 for a bit.  I was using the meter to read RPM while standing at the
> engine.

Tuneup instructions that ask you to set the timing at a speed other
than idle are generally asking you to do this at max advance, so you
can do this at any point at or above the stated rpm. You can check
this by just watching the timing and noting that it advances as the
rpms increase until it reaches some plateau and then holds steady
there.

That helps you with the Jetta timing, but not with the Type 3 idle
speed.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org