[T3] Keith's armature

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Jun 30 18:51:36 PDT 2012

In a message dated 6/30/2012 3:16:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

the  housing w/field windings for me, as this appears to be a
perfectly good  spare. It's still possible, however, that there's a
short in the field  windings.

If you have a chance, it's easy to measure the resistance  from the
center of the 2 field coils to each side. They should be equal  (2.0-
2.3 Ohms.) If they're not, that's a  problem.

Keep in mind that you can steal the field windings out of a bug generator
too. I just did that earlier this summer (or late spring), as the generator
I  had, had a short in 1 of them, and was coming unwound.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)