[T3] Jill's Type 34 Ghia

John Jaranson jaransont3 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 4 20:02:02 PDT 2012

Thanks for the compliments.  It really is a beautiful car.

So, one of the things on the check list was to re-bush the hinges on the passenger door.  I order the parts as per a thread on the Samba.  HELP! parts for a Chrysler PN38381.

Took the door off and stripped it down (going to redo the door panels to match the seats)...

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaDoorHinge1.jpg
http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaDoorHinge2.jpg

Got the new hinge pin and bushings installed on the lower hinge.  Worked great.  The upper hinge was fine.

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaDoorHinge3.jpg

Then I got the newly recovered rear seat installed and the front passenger seat assembled and installed.  They are beautiful.  Rich and the ladies at the shop did a great job rebuilding and recovering them.

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaSeatsInstall01.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaSeatsInstall02.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaSeatsInstall03.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaSeatsInstall04.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaSeatsInstall05.jpg

Seats are very comfortable and supportive, besides looking great!  Will make the 3000+ mile round trip to the Invasion much more comfortable for Jill.

Later,
John Jaranson
www.carartbyjohn.com