[T3] Won't be able to make it

Chris Slaymaker nurofiz at knology.net
Thu Jun 7 17:03:18 PDT 2012

I regret that the Type 3 invasion is not going to happen for me again this year.

I have no doubts that Foster could make the trip - and I really wanted to, because Foster's PO (previous owner) lives near Colorado Springs, and I really wanted her to see what I had done in the way of restoration.  I'm really bummed (and so is Foster).

My best opportunity was two years ago when it was closest to the geographical center of the US.

I bought Foster sight unseen in 2007 (I had a bus friend of mine look at it for me).  I then flew out to Denver to pick it up and drove it home from there.

You guys have been a fabulous resource for me, and I have been looking forward to meeting you and putting faces with the names.

Perhaps next time...

Chris Slaymaker
1971 Westfalia "Lurch"
1971 Squareback "Foster"