[T3] Oil

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 08:40:36 PDT 2012

>Whats more important is using an oil with the correct ZDDP in it, and
> unfortunately the only one out that in dino oil is Pennzoil 25W50 racing
> oil.

I looked high & low for the Pennzoil 25W50 Racing Oil in southern
Wisconsin and online.  Couldn't find it anywhere.

But I did find Valvoline (VR1) 20W50 Racing Oil
http://www.valvoline.com/products/brands/racing/racing-motor-oil/6
at $5,79/quart at NAPA.  It has ZDDP and is a conventional -- not
synthetic -- motor oil.

Royal Purple is (reportedly) a popular oil used by sprint cars, late
models, truck pullers, etc.  It's 20W50 too, but no ZDDP in it

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)