[T3] More oil stuff

Robert Bills rdbills at aol.com
Thu Jun 14 07:38:43 PDT 2012

Rislone Engine Oil Supplement with Zinc Treatment (part #4401, 32 oz.) was recommended to me.  When added at the recommended 20% ratio to dino oil, it provides 1700-1800 ppm zinc and 1500-1600 ppm phosphorus.  I tried one bottle, which covered two oil changes (2 qts oil + 8 oz. additive) and haven't noticed any adverse consequences so far.  Has anyone else tried this stuff, or have any information about the pros and cons of using it?  I've found it on the shelf at Pep Boys and O'Reillys.  I think it is available at Autozone as well.