[T3] Invasion Prep Woes

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 09:48:43 PDT 2012

I put a used muffler on it after I bought it, about 10 years ago.
That one is on it's last legs; sounds like a tractor.... Anyone know
if that muffler putty actually works? It's just a couple small holes.

I had a muffler open up the seam on our 1986 Oldsmobile about half way
on an 80-mile trip to our daughters.  A really loud exhaust for the
last part of the trip.  (But I did get several "thumbs up" from
teenagers)

When we got to our destination, we used an entire metal coffee can
with the bottom and top removed as a patch, some "exhaust putty"
around the edges, several large band clamps and it lasted for the
return trip plus several days until we could do a muffler replacement.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)