[T3] Braided Fuel Line

Soren Jacobsen snj at pobox.com
Sun Jun 17 13:55:44 PDT 2012

On May 8, 2012, at 7:36 PM, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> Something to keep in mind about the braided hose that's for sale. Ethanol
> is very hard on it, in that it likes to eat it. This is the main reason for
> going to the standard 5/16 ths hose. Most of it IS ethanol compatible. This
> isn't a problem IF you live in an area where they don't mix ethanol into
> the  gasoline, but in my area, it all contains ethanol.

I may have mentioned this site here in the past, but http://pure-gas.org/ has a database of gas stations reported to carry ethanol-free fuel.

This week I drove my 63 Bug from Seattle to Long Beach to pick up a set of stock wheels for my 65 Squareback, and unfortunately, I didn't manage to hit any of these stations along the way.  Now that I'm home, though, I'm back to only filling my Bug at the ethanol-free station a mile and a half from my house.  It's an extra 20 cents per gallon on average, but I like the peace of mind.

Soren