[T3] '69 fastback fuel injection resurrection

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat May 5 06:05:13 PDT 2012

On 5 May 2012 at 0:06, steve crispino wrote:

> I am rebuilding a '69 fastback in which the PO had removed all the FI parts
> in favor of duel carbs.  My goal is to make the FI work again.  I believe I
> have all the necessary parts; however without another assembled vehicle of
> that ilk, I am unsure about how the throttle return spring connection
> works.  I have an "L-shaped" bracket that that I believe mounts via the
> front-most stud holding the temp sensor II onto the case.  It has a small
> hole drilled at the top of the vertical which I suspect holds one end of
> the return spring.  I also have a barrel nut into which the throttle cable
> is attached that has a 360 degree ridge on the non-threaded end where I
> suspect the other end of the spring is attached.  What I'm missing is the
> spring that supplies the tension to the throttle.

You're exactly right: It's quite hard to put something like this back
together if you've never seen what it was supposed to look like when
it was new.

You are correct, except that the spring anchor bracket mounts to the
rear stud on the aux air regulator. The temp sensor mounts, as you
say, in the front hole.

Yes, that is the correct barrel anchor. The spring is hard to find,
so I've been meaning to tool up to make a few.

Sorry, I don't have a photo.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org