[T3] Starting again?

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue May 8 09:58:28 PDT 2012

In a message dated 5/8/2012 12:34:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

On 8 May  2012 at 9:04, Jacob Adam Schroeder wrote:

> (2) Replace fuel lines  (I had planned on doing this years ago, but now
> seems like a good time  to do it).  How much fuel line should it take to
do
> a complete  replacement?  Where can I find the good German stuff at?  I
take
> it they don't sell it at O'Reilly or one of the other auto parts  chains,
do
> they? You said 5/16"?

Don't even consider the "good"  German stuff. It's not good any more.
Buy regular US 5/16 fuel hose. Don't  buy the special FI fuel line, as
it's much more expensive and is made for  much higher pressures than
our cars have. If you can't find good stuff  locally, I have it.

> (3) Prime everything before I try to fire it  up.

Good luck  ;-)

You'll also need 20 feet of hose to do the entire job. Don't forget to
replace the short sections of hose at the injectors too. You'll need about 34
FI  style clamps to do the entire job as well. I only mention this, because
whatever  you don't replace, will probably be what  starts to leak.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)