[T3] Braided Fuel Line

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue May 8 20:12:41 PDT 2012

On 8 May 2012 at 21:13, Don Robertson wrote:

> The second link you show below is not for metric size hose, and is all rubber.
>
> Here is the link for the original type metric hose for T3 fuel injection:

> https://www.cip1.ca/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VHD-N20-3571

In my opinion, while 7 mm was originally supplied (and later changed
to 7.5 mm) that stuff is really too small for the fittings on our
cars. The extra stretch that's required seems to make this hose fail
quickly just outboard of the fittings. 5/16" is equal to 8 mm and is
a perfect fit to our parts and I've had great results with it for 40
years.

It's not ALL rubber, it's rubber/fabric/rubber, where the european
style is rubber/fabric. The outer rubber jacket only adds abrasion
resistance, which isn't really important for our application, since
our hoses don't move around. It does have downsides of increased bend
radius and slightly larger OD. The larger OD only matters where it
has to come thru a grommet, but I have 5/16" hose that's smaller OD.

The pressure rating for any 5/16" hose is WAY above our 30 psi.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org