[T3] "slamming" sound

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun May 20 18:01:43 PDT 2012

On 20 May 2012 at 7:56, John L. Morgan IV wrote:

> When I take a hard turn, my 1970 Fastback often makes a slamming noise,
> coming from the rear.  Could this be shocks, body mounts?  Any advice is
> appreciated.  Thank you.  It also is
> generally a bumpy ride.

Check the inner end of each of the rear diagonal arms. They terminate
in rubber bushings on either side of the nose of the tranny. Make
sure both bushings are actually there and intact.

If the car has been lowered, then the rubber bump stops are probably
just gone, and this is just part of what you get.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org