[T3] 1 month from yesterday!!!

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon May 21 07:28:14 PDT 2012

In a message dated 5/21/2012 7:35:36 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk writes:

A sudden  stop with no warning does seem more likely to be ignition than
fuel, which  usually causes spits and misfires before actually stopping.

It doesn't  matter how many times I overlook the simplest item, I always
seem
to be  capable of making the same mistake over again!

Well, I'm running an electric fuel pump, so I couldn't really tell IF it
was getting enough fuel pressure. But, I do know what you mean. If it had
been a  normal "road trip", I would have been carrying a spare distributor (all
set up),  and that would have fixed right then. But I didn't have the spare
with me.

But since that happened, I'm going to keep an eye out on that.

By the way, it did stall once, and I re-fired it, then moved about 30 feet
before it quit again (for the final time that morning). Once we found the
problem, and fixed it, we drove all the way back home (some 70 miles).I only
 replaced the pump, because I wanted to eliminate it from the equation. All
the  other parts were the same as we left the house with. :O

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)