[T3] Video Up Date Last Day of School

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu May 24 18:47:38 PDT 2012

In a message dated 5/24/2012 9:09:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

On 24  May 2012 at 21:00, Keith Park wrote:

> Wow, look great!  Make  sure the pushrod doesn't hit the tube where the
ding
> is or eventually  it will wear thru it and cause a leak, this happened in
> spot on the  pleat of the engine in the 71 and when I did the last valve
job
> I had  to replace the tube, drips MUCH less oil now!

It wouldn't be hard to  push that dent out from the inside with a
small bar or tube. That's easy  if you do it before the pushrods are
in place.

You could even use a long extension, and push it right out. I had to do
that to my MOFOCO engine when I got it (it was slightly damaged in shipping).

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)