[T3] Video Up Date Last Day of School

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Thu May 24 20:13:48 PDT 2012

Nice video, Dennis. Too bad you ran short of time. I know you were looking
forward to driving it this summer.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org

My goal at this point is to have it running by the time our little town has
it's Christmas parade and of course put it in the parade.  That would be
early December. As far as driving it in the summer I don't know how much I
will be driving it in the summer here in Alabama.  I'm still thinking of A/C
options after I get it going. I have a dealer A/C system. If I went in that
direction I would use a modern compressor to minimize load on the engine.
Another option is using an electric compressor like a hybrid uses but they
use about 40 or 50 amps so I would have to go with a 80 or 90 amp alternator
set up. Once again engine load not sure how much more that would be with
that. The option I really wish I could go with is since this is a 72 and it
has the fresh air fan with the vents just below the ash tray it would be
cool (literarily) if I could get a A/C evaporator to fit inside that or
where the intake is on that and make it look like it came with A/C along
with the electric compressor. But these are just ideas in my head for now
and would have to work more than one thing to get it to work. Seen A guy in
Australia on You Tube do this with a late model super beetle. Until I finger
out what I will do if anything. As I have said in pasted post I will just do
like what you guys in the salt belt do but in reverse. I'll probably drive
it from about September till about May and put it up for most of the summer.