[T3] Jill's Type 34 Ghia

John Jaranson jaransont3 at comcast.net
Mon May 28 18:31:32 PDT 2012

Jill and I decided to get a few more things done to her Ghia in preparation for the trip to the Invasion.  In addition to changing oil and bleeding the brakes and a few otehr tune up items, we decided to two-tone the roof.  Here a couple pictures of the finished roof.  Still need to buff and wax it in a few days....

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaRoofPaint8.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaRoofPaint9.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaRoofPaint10.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaRoofPaint11.jpg

We also decided to do a little paint detailing on the Type 3 hubcaps...

Started with some tape and cutting out the recesses in the VW logos...
http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaHubCaps1.jpg

FInished masking with some plastic sheeting...
http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaHubCaps2.jpg

Couple of coats of the roof color, Metallic Brown...
http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaHubCaps3.jpg

Not bad, but the edges are a little rough...
http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaHubCaps4.jpg

Little bit of medium brown 1-shot paint detailing and...
http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaHubCaps5.jpg

Here is a shot installed.
http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaHubCaps6.jpg

I also spent some time a couple of days ago detailing her steering wheel.  Removed the old "leather" wrap cover.  Cleaned up decades of accumulated grunge.  Put it on the buffing wheel.  Cleaned up really nice....

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaSteeringWheel.jpg

You can also see the 50th Anniversary badge we installed in the glove box door with double sided trim tape.

Later,
John Jaranson
www.carartbyjohn.com