[T3] The new regulator went in...

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Thu May 3 17:05:41 PDT 2012

And I started it up and the light stayed on, didn't charge at ALL, even when
warmed up.
So I full fielded the generator and nothing, turns out the lower brush was
worn down quite a bit for only 15Kmi
And wasn't making good connection, so another gold star for Jim for pointing
toward the Generator!  I suspect a bad
 Field coil probably wore that brush down..  Interesting that it DID charge
with the electronic regulator but maybe it just finally gave up the ghost at
the
Same time I changed it.

So I put the other generator in, it was all rebuilt and it charged.  The new
regulator smoked a bit but I suspect it was just burning stuff off the power
resistors as the housing didn't get hot.  The new regulator didn't seem to
regulate too well with all the lights on though, but since the brushes
haven't set in yet on the generator I wont jump to judgement yet, if I have
to I can put the electronic one back in, I suspect its probably fine.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
71 Squareback "Hothe"