[T3] FI Help needed

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri May 4 14:47:24 PDT 2012

Hello group, I'm trying to help someone on the road that doesn't have
internet access at the moment. The car is a 71 FI t-3, with a stock 1600 engine.
 The problem is that it won't restart when hot, unless you ICE down the
intake  manifold, then it'll start and run with no problem. Any idea what might
be  causing this. I looked thru Elfrink, but it only covered no "cold
start". Once  it's started it runs ok, until you have to stop, then it might
stall, and won't  run worth a lick. Right now, fuel mileage is terrible, as it's
about 20 right  now. At this time, that's all I know, other than the fuel
filter just got  changed this morning (no help according to the owner). He's
also got a  minimal tool kit with him, but nothing for heavy duty repairs.
Thanks for any  help you can offer.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)