[T3] irregular regulation

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Wed May 9 18:58:49 PDT 2012

Well Ive had the mechanical regulator one for a few days now and its
strange, most of the time its around 14V, but sometimes it comes down a bit
after a while, the other morning I ran in with all the lights on and the
wipers and it was only about 12,8, it went up a bit to maybe 13.2 when I
shut off the lights and wipers but not to 14, this morning I didn't have
anything on and it was 15. seems to be all over the place!

I have a 600 mile trip to PA and back tommoro, so this is kind of the
shakedown run for the invasion and Ill see what it does after sitting on the
highway for several hours.  I have the electronic one along that I can swap
back in just in case but if I didn't have the gauges Id never know anything
was wrong, the light goes right out and it does seem to run consistently
well.  Ill have to see that the gas mileage is too, although Im going to be
running pretty heavy.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com