[T3] Michigan Invasion Route

John Jaranson jaransont3 at comcast.net
Tue May 15 21:18:55 PDT 2012

OK, looks like we won't be hooking up with Keith on the way to the Invasion since he is planning on taking the more southern route on I-70.  I am planning on taking the little more Northern route on I-80 to be able to hook-up with Jim and Melissa, Marilyn Wolfe and others.

This is our plan as shown on the Invaders Map on the Invasion website.

Leave Dearborn, MI the morning of the 19th and drive as far as Iowa City, IA (483 miles).  I made reservations at the Travelodge right off I-80 in Iowa City.  Here are the details:

Travelodge Iowa City
2216 NORTH DODGE ST
Iowa City, IA 52245
1-855-328-3179

It is convenient and the price on Travelocity was right at $50 per night.

We will leave Iowa City in the morning on the 20th.  Make a stop at the Wolfe compound to hook-up with Marilyn and Bob & Sue and then push on to North Platte, NE (524 miles).  I have made reservations at the America's Best Value Inn in North Platte.  This hotel comes highly recommended by one of the folks on the Samba and had good reviews on Travelocity.  Again a decent rate at $55 for a non-smoking room.  Here are the details:

Americas Best Value Inn North Platte
602 E 4th Street
North Platte, NE 69101
1.888.872.8356

The final push into Colorado Springs on Thursday is a bit more leisurely at only (333 miles) on I-80 and I-76 around and past Denver.  Should give us plenty of time to get checked in at the host hotel and make it to the BBQ.

Our route back is likely to be a little quicker, but will play it by ear following the drive out there.  Maybe go back the Southern route Keith is.  We will see.  This is already more planning than I usually do for these adventures.

Later,
John Jaranson
www.carartbyjohn.com