[T3] Jill's Type 34 Ghia

John Jaranson jaransont3 at comcast.net
Thu May 17 21:18:37 PDT 2012

We finally picked up Jill's Ghia from its winter storage last weekend to get it ready for the Michigan Vintage VW Festival this Sunday and the Invasion next month.

First order of business was getting the newly redone driver's seat installed.

See, we took all the seats out last winter to have them re-done, mostly because the springs had sagged and they were not going to be very comfortable for the long drive to the Invasion in June.  Rich and the ladies up at RCO did a fantastic job on the re-do.  We replaced the springs and coconut fiber pads with custom milled foam.  Then Rich came up with all new covers that are not exact copies of the original, but are fitting for the car.

The driver's seat is done and installed.  The passenger seat and the rear seat will be done next week.  Eventually I will redo the door and quarter panels to match.  Probably a good next winter project.

OK here are links to a few pictures....

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaNewSeat1.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaNewSeat2.jpg

They look great and are super comfortable.

Later,
John Jaranson
www.carartbyjohn.com