[T3] FI Help needed

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat May 5 06:05:13 PDT 2012

Sounds like he's already checked "all the usual suspects." If he's
got a pressure gauge, maybe try watching the fuel pressure while
driving. Keith's the only person I know of who's had a pressure
regulator fail and give higher pressures, but that would do it.

Suck on the pressure sensor to make sure the diaphram hasn't cracked.

Check the 2 wires coming into the left front corner of the engine
compartment to make sure that one of them has not frayed down to just
a couple strands. Check the ground wires at the top center of the
case for the same fraying.

>From the symptoms, he's running really rich, and I'm running out of
reasons that might cause this.

Is this something that has been happening, or developing, for a long
time, or did this behavior just start suddenly?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org