[T3] Gas tank cleaning

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Nov 3 20:43:48 PDT 2012

In a message dated 11/3/2012 8:23:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jaredkohler at gmail.com writes:

I've  been going through the fuel system in my 70 Fastback. Seems some crud
has  accumulated in the gas tank! I removed the gas tank today and I'm
hoping to  take it to the local radiator shop on Monday. Has any one had
their gas  tanks boiled lately? Have you had the tank coated? Thoughts on
boiling and  coating? Should I stay away from having the tank coated? My Dad
has had a  few gas tanks coated in the past, but never for an F.I.  car.

Russ Wolfe always told us to NEVER have an FI tank sealed. He looked into
it, and found many small passages that the sealer would plug.
The best solution, was to have the tank boiled, or otherwise cleaned, than
use a soluable oil to coat the inside of the tank until you're ready to use
it.  The little bit of oil residue will burn off with no ill effects, once
mixed with  gas.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)