[T3] Gas tank cleaning

Maximilian Bukszpan mountainvw at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 5 01:08:42 PST 2012

Hallo,this is exactly what I am interested in too!!My 66 Fastback had a plugged gas outlet, so I had to take out the tank and we found a lot of gum and rust inside the tank!!My mechanic said, the old style to clean the tank inside was to take a lot of round little stones and shake the stones inside the tank until all the rust is gone, then flush with, hmmmmm, I dont know with what to prevent rust again, and then coat after everything is clean with POR 15, several stages of coating / sealing!!!What would be the "Soluable Oil"????????????????????I never heard about it, what description do you need to tell in a shop what you want????Will it also work with that oil even your car is stored most of the time, at least ten month a year, will the gas tank not start to rust again if it is just the bare metal and your soluable oil??? No coating to protect?????
Thanks for infos
Max
'66 Fastback'65 Bus'78 Convertible