[T3] Mega Questions

Max Welton max_welton_2k at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 15:35:14 PST 2012

--- On Tue, 11/6/12, Jim Adney <jadney at vwtype3.org> wrote:

> From: Jim Adney <jadney at vwtype3.org>
> Subject: Re: [T3] Mega Questions
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Date: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 8:43 AM
> On 5 Nov 2012 at 21:14, Max Welton
> wrote:
>
> > I've always though it might be useful to know what AFR
> profile the
> > stock system applied.
>
> It would certainly be interesting, but it's bound to be
> primitive,

I am amazed what they were able to do with the technology of the day. Slide-rules and an analog computer. And it works at all sorts of different altitudes. Amazing.

Still, it would be a very useful reference for one who decides to take things into one's own hands with a modern programmable ECU. I started conservative (13.5:1 AFR for the whole map-rpm surface) and then explored outward from there.

Max Welton
http://www.maxwelton2k.net/