[T3] Front beam is loose

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Nov 9 05:51:30 PST 2012

In a message dated 11/8/2012 6:23:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
nurofiz at knology.net writes:

If I  understand correctly, repair would involve removing the upper bar
completely  and drilling a new, deeper "land" for the right side set screw
(bolt).   Alternatively, a new land could be drilled on the opposite side of the
bar  (the arms would need to be turned around 180  degrees).

I'd try and do an adjustment first (working on the right side), and see IF
that fixes it (see Bentley for the procedure). If it doesn't, then you'll
need  to do the above. I only say that, as it should get an adjustment every
3000  miles (just like adding a drop or 2 of oil to the felt pad under the
distributor rotor), but is commonly forgotten. And it's usually not until
everything is loose that it becomes a problem. Out of the 5 or 6 T-3s that I
worked on, everyone of them needed an adjustment (including my 42,000 mile
T-34).

 Another thought is that you could have a tire that is out of  balance/out
of round, that's causing the shimmy. BTDT before too.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)