[T3] running rich and mystery material

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Nov 10 05:10:12 PST 2012

On 9 Nov 2012 at 14:45, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> [...]

I have a good set here, at a lot better price, but it would have to
be local pickup. I have no idea how I could ship these successfully.

> I still need to set the idle. Been waiting on borrowing my friends tac.
> I'll check that out thanks.

The AAR has NO effect on richness. It only effects idle speed. The
checks you've done on the AAR indicate that it's fine.

I haven't watched your video yet, but if things even out once the
engine is warm, you might take a look at the spark plugs and check
the system voltage, although the latter is probably fine since it
gets better with warmup.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org