[T3] running rich and mystery material

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sat Nov 10 06:12:58 PST 2012

On 9 Nov 2012 at 8:20, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> Yes I think mine was an odd ball as far as not having the black rubber
> mat and the gray vinyl instead.  I think I have seen some earlier
> model fastback with the black rubber. I had a 69 FB but who ever had
> it before me had ripped it out so I don't know what it had.

This thread seems to be getting confused. Only squarebacks got the rubber
mat. Black was the most common color for the rubber mat, but some interiors
came with a color matched rubber mat.

Fastys, Notches, and Type 34s never got the rubber mat. They only got the
vinyl cover that others have described here.

Underneath the rubber or vinyl, all Type 3s got the fiber pad that covered
the steel deck and engine cover.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org

Well I guess I just thought I saw black rubber on a FB one time.  I know
mine never had that but wasn't sure about other years.

Dennis