[T3] Irregular Idle....again...

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Nov 10 17:29:37 PST 2012

In a message dated 11/10/2012 7:19:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk writes:

Rising  and falling idle speed can be caused if the idle is set too high,
since the  FI cuts the fuel if it goes too high without any throttle open.
If the AAR  is allowing too much air into the IAD, it will be trying to idle
fast -  maybe too fast.

Yup, I agree with you Dave. In fact Gary's car does that too (when in  was
here in the fall). It's more of an annoyance than anything. Dave Pallo just
did a very nice write up on setting the AAR. Good job Dave. : ) I was
mainly  just trying to eliminate any vacuum leaks in the system, as they can
cause the  idle speed to rise just enough to tip it over the edge.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)