[T3] running rich and mystery material

Dave rdavid at rochester.rr.com
Sun Nov 11 09:59:06 PST 2012

[[[> Have not, yet, removed and cleaned, or changed, the AAR....but screws

> and nuts are tight.    Still can't find info on how to adjust that

> little set screw inside.

I've never had to re-adjust one. The only problem that happens with the AARs
is that they get stuck. They either work or they don't.]]]

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this Jim. I agree on the stuck
or not stuck part, and I agree that if your AAR was never adjusted since new
that is it more than likely set just fine. But in the 40+ years these cars
have been around mechanics that don't know what our FI systems are all
about, the factory adjustment could have been changed at some point.
(probably a bad guess at a solution to a different problem) I'd bet there is
enough adjustment travel on our AAR's to where there is almost no AAR
function and it is closed off all the time - or too much air to where it
never really closes off when warm - and everything in between. I'd also bet
that in Dennis's case - if his AAR was wrongly set to where it let no air in
when cold - it would not cold idle well like he is seeing in his video.

Dave Pallo

'72 Square ~ Elwood

Fairport, NY