[T3] running rich and mystery material

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sun Nov 11 10:47:09 PST 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: type3-vwtype3.org-bounces at lists.vwtype3.org
[mailto:type3-vwtype3.org-bounces at lists.vwtype3.org] On Behalf Of Jim Adney
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2012 11:25 PM
To: type3 at vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: [T3] running rich and mystery material

On 9 Nov 2012 at 14:45, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> I still need to set the idle. Been waiting on borrowing my friends tac.

You may also need to make sure the Throttle Valve Switch is correctly
adjusted. There's an idle contact in there, so it's possible (I don't know
for sure) that incorrect adjustment would effect the idle mixture.

It would not effect the mixture off idle.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org

Yes all we have done there was when we put the air distributor back together
we lined the screws that hold the throttle valve switch on back where the
imprints were that left by the screws before we took them off from the
original time they were on there.  Guess we need to look at the Bentley on
the procedure for that.

Dennis