[T3] Oil Leak and Backfire

Daniel Nohejl danielnohejl at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 03:23:07 PST 2012

I had this happen to both pushrods at the #2 cylinder on a Type 1 engine. The adjusting nuts were practically backed off the screws when I caught it. Seems my wife didn't tighten them all the way down after our last valve adjustment and they backed off over a few weeks. Started backfiring like crazy and running like junk on the highway. It was a bad end to a weekend trip.

DN